On March 21st the FLC group attended the 8th Annual Women’s Summit at the Radisson Fort George Hotel in Belize City, funded with our community grant from Full Basket Belize.
And we had the best day ever.
The topic - ‘The Gender Agenda – Gaining Momentum’
The 1st panel:
What the heck is gender?
- Gender 101
- Impact of socialization on children through the life cycle
- Socializing children
The 2nd panel:
Oh, no they didn’t … he can’t, she can’t!
- Building and designing Belize
- Playing the male role
- My experience in nursing
Let’s keep going!
- Gender equality for the work place.
- Impact of gender on Belize’s development
- Implementing the national based violence plan of action through UN trust funds.
The day, the program, the presenters were truly uplifting and inspiring.